Most people make the mistake of thinking that their conventional oven is all they need for preparing meals. But nothing can be further from the truth. There comes a time when you need extra power or even extra space.
For instance, the best countertop convection for pizza is one that comes with a dedicated pizza drawer. On the other hand, the ideal oven for cookies, bread and roast chicken is one that has an adjustable temperature range as well as a fan for even heat distribution.
So, as you can imagine, there are quite a few factors to be taken into account when deciding on the best countertop convection oven. Therefore, in the following review, we’ll talk about the different types of ovens available – from budget-friendly ones to ones that are ranked as high-end.
10 Best Countertop Convection Oven 2021: The Top Of The Market Offer – Comparison List
Before we delve deeper into this discussion, we have a comprehensive list for you. You can use it for quick navigation.
The Best Countertop Convection Oven in 2021
1. Breville BOV450XL Stainless Steel Mini Smart Oven with Element
If you are looking for a smart oven that transfers heat intelligently, BOV450XL mini smart oven has you covered. This is possible through the 4 quartz elements for precision and to spread the heat every time you use it. This is a super-fast 1800W.
It is a stainless steel oven with dimensions of 16×14.2×18 inches. The voltage capacity is 110-120 volts. Its cooking functions include: broil, bake, toast, bagel, reheat, pizza, cookies, and roast.
More to that, it calculates correct time and temperature during preheating and cooking and shows blue cycle when done. Has a four slice capacity, three rack interior, and a pull-out.
This is the go-to affordable oven for a cook who wants smart features in a small space. Furthermore, it comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Reheats meals very fast
- Has a backlit easy read LCD
- Has a non-stick cavity coating that is easy to clean
- Has 8 preset functions that are automatic
- It does not have a sound alert after cooking
- Can’t be placed under the cabinet
2. Breville 1800W BOV800XL Smart Oven Toaster
What makes Breville oven stand out is the simple fact that different foods require different methods of heating. The manufacturer had this in mind.
Heat is distributed throughout evenly in a consistent way during the preparation of food. The oven does that: adjusting heat distribution for perfect results.
At 18.5×16.25×11.25 in dimensions, it has cooking technology that adjusts quartz heating elements.
Additionally, it has a great feature that uses convectional heating. Here, the fan distributes the heat hence the food cooks on all sides evenly at the same rate.
Has a 13” pizza, 6 slice toast capacity with a tempered glass door.
Furthermore, it has nine preset functions that remain in the oven unless the cook decides to change them. More to that, it comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Made of easy to clean stainless steel
- Has nine preset cooking functions that leave out the guesswork for you
- The temperature and time have an auto shut off and sound alert
- Has a backlit easy to read LED
- The interior has non-stick material that can safely withstand high temperatures
- Distributes heat evenly for perfect cooking
- Looks small for a cook who wants to prepare meals for a large group of people
3. Oster TSSTTVMNDG-SHP-2 Large 6-Slice Capacity Toaster
This is a large capacity digital countertop oven that provides you with guess free cooking. This is possible by the seven preset functions and convectional heating in baking.
Additionally, its wide interior can accommodate a wide range of foods from a whole chicken, pizza and even cookies.
It has two rack features to customize your space. As a bonus, it comes with a durable baking pan and a removable crumb tray.
At 15.4×19.8×11.4 in dimensions, it has a modern look with a stainless steel frame. More to it, you can easy broil at any temperature for perfect browning. It has convective technology that lets you cook from 150-450 degrees.
- Has a user-friendly manual/digital control panel
- Has light inside that you can use to monitor the progress when cooking
- Has a ninety-minute timer that automatically shuts off
- Has an easy to clean interior
- Digital control with seven preset cooking functions
- No information on the product warranty is present
4. BREVILLE BOV650XL the Compact Smart Toaster Oven
The Compact Smart Oven with Element IQ includes most of the features of a larger Smart Oven in a compact, counter space-saving design. It has eight cooking functions that guide you to perfection, leaving the guesswork out.
More to that, it comes with all the space that you want: 4 Slice Toaster, 12″ Pizza, 6 cup muffin tray, roast chicken and anything else you would go for.
Additionally, it calculates correct time and temperature, illuminating orange during preheating and cooking, and blue once the cycle is complete.
Most importantly, it has smart element IQ that transfers heat intelligently through 4 quartz elements. This ensures that the heat remains stable throughout the cooking.
It stands at 15x17x10 in dimensions, with a stainless steel cover.
- Has a back-lit easy to read LED
- Smart element IQ that ensures intelligent transfer of heat for evenly cooking
- Has eight preset cooking functions for your perfect cooking
- Has good available room for anything you choose to cook
- The oven is a bit pricey
5. BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Stainless Steel Toaster Oven
This toaster Oven is a countertop classic that does not need preheating it first. Its bake, broil, toast and keep warm settings up to 450F has all your baking needs covered.
At 10 x 15.5 x 8.4 in dimensions, it has 9” Pizza, 4 Slices of Bread – The compact toaster oven fits nicely on the countertop, while the curved interior makes room for 9” pizzas and 4 slices of bread.
Make sure you do not cover any part of the oven with metal foil as it will cause overheating. On the brighter side, it comes with a two-year warranty. More to it, contains a large window and cooking timer with stay-on functionality allow you to cook exactly to your specifications.
As a bonus, it comes with baking/broiling pan fits perfectly, making it easy to insert and remove food.
No products found.
- Has a removable crumb tray lets you throw out debris before it burns
- Has a precise 30-minute timer includes a stay-on function
- Has an enhanced even toast technology that optimizes heat distribution to toast bread evenly
- Has a durable glass window gives you a clear view of food throughout the cooking process
- Has a red indicator light
- Most importantly, comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Price of the four slice toaster oven is not available
- Forgetting the warning of avoiding the use of metallic foil can lead to overheating of the oven
6. Breville Convection BOV845BSS 1800 W Smart Oven Pro with Element IQ
If you desire a countertop oven that bakes perfectly, this is the best fit for you.
More so, it comes with ten cooking functions that guide you: cookies, warm, slow cook, reheat, grill, bake, bagel, roast, and toast 6 slices.
It comes with element IQ system transfers heat intelligently across 5 quartz elements for precise and stable heat. It runs on 110-120 volts.
Additionally, it has super-fast 1800 W reheat that gets your meals on the table on a shorter time.
With its 15.75 x 18.50 x 11 inches as dimensions, it gives you a capacity of 6-slice toaster, 13″ pizza. It is important to note that it has a convection-powered built-in fan that circulates the hot air within the oven, therefore speeding up the cooking process.
- Has interior light that helps you keep an eye when you are cooking
- Has a non-stick cavity coating on the interiors that enhances easy cleaning
- Has LCD that also displays the temperature and cooking time
- Has ten cooking functions that leave you out on guesswork
- Reheats meals quickly
- Product warranty is left out
7. Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Convection Oven Stainless Steel
This oven offers faster convective technology for faster and evenly cooking. This oven has a large interior that can accommodate food for a large group of people
The most amazing feature is that the oven uses convection technology to distribute heat evenly for thorough cooking and excellent results.
Inside, it has two adjustable racks that you can customize to your preference if you are cooking a large roast.
The Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Convection Oven includes a baking pan and an integrated broiling rack. Oven shuts off when the timer beeps
The oven also has digital settings for pizza, bake, broil, toast, and defrost.
- Has an Easy-clean interior
- Has a ninety-minute timer that automatically shuts off
- Uses convective technology for faster and evenly cooking functions
- Easy to use for a crowd or a large group
- Possible to have multilevel cooking because of its dual shelves
- Has digital controls that eliminate guesswork
- Product warranty is left out by the manufacturer
8. Hamilton Beach 31103A Rotisserie Countertop Oven
This is an oven with extra-large capacity that accommodates food for a large group of people.
As a bonus, the oven includes rotisserie accessories. Additionally, broil rack also stacks directly on the small baking pan for roasting meat.
The wide interior and adjustable cooking racks provide double the space for cooking multiple foods at once. There’s no need to spend extra time cooking separate meals for the pickier ones, either.
More to that, this oven’s convection technology utilizes a top and bottom heating element and a built-in fan to distribute heat evenly for a uniform temperature.
At 23.3 x 18.1 x 15.5 inches, it has an extra-large capacity.
- Has easy-to-read temperature dial on front control panel
- Has easy to clean, non-stick oven interior
- Has a two-hour cooking timer with audible tone and automatic shut off
- Has a power indicator light
- Uses 49% less energy than a typical kitchen oven
- Has an affordable price
- Highly versatile
- Use of metallic foil might cause the oven to overheat
9. Black + Decker TO3210SSD 6-Slice Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
The oven is to satisfy all your hunger needs. It has three rack positions that fit in steak close under the broiler or cook an entire chicken. The three rack positions give you the flexibility to cook foods of any size.
Plus, it uses convection heating, the powerful convection fan circulates warm air throughout the oven for fast, even baking.
Additionally, it has four functions that include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food warm.
The oven has a crumb tray that slides out from underneath the toaster oven, making it easier to clear away debris before it burns or leaves a mess on the countertop.
With its 15 x 20 x 13 inches in dimensions, the oven has 12” Pizza, 6 Slices of Bread. The expanded toaster oven fits nicely on the countertop, while the curved interior makes room for 12” pizzas and 6 slices of bread.
- Has a ready indicator light
- Has a two-year product warranty from the manufacturer
- Has a 20% faster cook times
- Has a sixty-minute timer, whose precision timer features stay-on functionality for longer baking tasks
- Has a clear view window
- Lacks a non-stick interior
10. Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
This oven has a heating power of 1800 watts provides quick heat up time, precise temperature and perfect results every time. The oven has programmable cooking functions and Exact heat sensor calibrate the unit’s 5 quartz heating elements to the optimum settings for each function.
At 20.9 x 16.9 x 11.4 inches in dimensions, it has a spacious 0.95 cubic-foot capacity oven. Additionally, it has 15 cooking functions, including innovative dual cook, and speed convection. Convection baking allows for much faster cooking times as well as more consistent heating for superior results.
More to that, it includes the following accessories:
2 Oven Racks, baking/ drip pan, broiling pan, removable crumb tray, 13-inch pizza stone, and a cooking recipe booklet.
Further, the oven has programmable pizza size selection (up to 13 inch) for precise heating time and temperature based on diameter. Additionally, the oven’s cooking functions include: toast, bagel, waffle, keep warm, bake, broil, roast, pizza, leftovers, sandwich, dual cook, +30s, convection cooking settings and defrost.
- Has Digital controls with large blue backlit display and LED buttons. BPA free
- Always even toast shade control offers consistent results slice after slice
- Has a three-year product warranty from the manufacturer
- Has oven light that allows you to see the progress of your meal as it cooks
- Has non-stick interior allows for easy cleaning of your oven’s cooking area
- The oven can use two racks to bake at once
- The door does not close completely
Some Good Reasons to Buy Countertop Convection Ovens
One thing you need to know about these types of ovens is that they rely on a fan to circulate heat. Ordinary ovens typically use upper and lower heat i.e. two sources of heat.
The presence of the fan instead of two sources of heat ensures that heat is distributed evenly. This gush of heat goes a long way in speeding up the different chemical reactions achieving a better flavor and faster cooking time.
For instance, the skin of chicken releases its fat faster when in convection ovens and this ensures that the end result is a crunchy and flaky dish.
But that’s not all. There are so many other benefits of countertop convection oven usage. These include (but are not limited to):
One of the factors that have triggered the widespread popularity of these ovens is that they are quite versatile. Whether you want to use them to simmer, bake or even broil, they are as reliable as ever.
Likewise, whether you feel like baking some cakes, preparing some pizza or marinating some turkey for Thanksgiving, a convection oven would deliver all those treats without breaking a sweat.
They Are Faster
Did we just repeat that? Well, the fast working speeds of countertop convection ovens cannot be overemphasized. And the results are typically better.
For instance, if you use it to prepare some meat, you’re likely to end up with better results. The meat browns out evenly since it does not lose moisture.
When it comes to roasting potatoes and vegetables, these machines are a perfect bet as they create crisp edges easily. And overall, these ovens are 25% faster than average ones. So you get better tasting meals, faster and reliably.
Fun to Use
Oh yes. Because they help you save time and deliver professional results, these ovens make the whole kitchen experience a lot more fun.
And what happens when cooking becomes fun? Well, it means that more food can be made at home. That means fewer trips to the local food joints. And also, homemade food is cheaper to make since you have full control of the entire process.
Live in a tiny apartment room? Since space can be a major issue of concern for you, countertop convection ovens would be your best bets. These machines are available in different sizes and you can always go for one that best fits within your space.
For instance, you can go for a compact countertop convection oven which despite being small can be quite effective. It can easily fit on top of most countertops or even on microwave ovens and still get the job done.
Although specs may vary from one machine to the next, countertop convection ovens tend to save electricity bills better. And since you can choose different sizes, you can always go for a tiny model. Why waste energy preparing a few cookies inside an extra-large oven?
The Buying Guide for Countertop Convection Ovens
Now that we have an idea of why it’s important to invest in these appliances, let us talk about the specific factors one needs to keep in mind when making a purchase.
The Source of Energy
One of the interesting facts about these ovens is that they can be powered by different sources of power. So, be sure to go for a model whose source of power is most convenient for you.
A majority of them are electric-powered. They are good, easy to use but on the flipside, if you’re not keen with their specs, they might consume too much power.
In that case, it’s important to consider going for a gas-powered or liquid propane convection ovens.
Your Own Safety
Ovens are powerful, energy-gobbling machines. As such, it’s always important to consider having the appropriate safety measures in place when getting them.
So only go for a unit that’s made according to standards. Remember, you also have to take safety measures in your own kitchen. For instance, it makes sense to install a hood or fire suppression system if you’re concerned about your safety.
Consider the Available Space
Luckily, countertop convection ovens come in different sizes. So, you need to consider the amount of space you have available so you can make a solid decision. We’d recommend measuring the space available if you’re concerned with space issues.
The Kind of Fans Used
The effectiveness of any convection oven is tied to the kind of fans it has. Without well-functioning fans, these would be nothing more than simple radiant ovens.
So, if you’re lucky to get a well-made fan, go for it. Some fans have adjustable speeds and that’s a big plus for anyone looking for flexibility. Versatility is quite important because not all foods cook well under heavy fan blowing.
Which One Is The Best?
We’ve got lots of kind words for almost all the 10 ovens reviewed above. However, when it comes to choosing our best countertop convection oven overall, the Breville 1800W BOV800XL Smart Oven Toaster has got our top recommendation. It has got an easy-to-read LCD interface, 9-preset functions, and Element IQ.
Looking for a budget-friendly countertop convection oven? We’d recommend the Oster TSSTTVMNDG-SHP-2 Large 6-Slice Capacity Toaster. At well under 100 bucks, it provides a wide range of attractive features.
Finally, there is nothing like a one-size-fits-all machine when it comes to choosing ovens. So, the best thing to do is research on your existing needs. What’s your budget? What kind of space do you have? How much time do you spend in the kitchen?
That way, you’ll be able to arrive at a final, informed verdict on a well-made countertop convection oven for the money.