If you love pasta then you are already thinking of buying some of the best pasta pots. What really make these posts unique is that they are made of materials that cannot corrode or rust easily. They aren’t only for cooking pasta but also other dishes. Another reason why pasta pots are the best is that they are durable than the regular pots. These pots can handle high temperatures that would be intolerable to other posts.
Best Pasta Pots for the Money – Compression Table
Of course you enjoy pasta for many reasons. Pasta is delicious and creamy compared to wheat-based meals. Also, pasta is absorbed by the body easily, thus, keep the body energized for longer hours. Pasta preparation shouldn’t be a challenge as many people think because there are countless delicious recipes available on the internet.
If you have experienced a lot of problems preparing pasta using traditional pots, then it is the right time to upgrade your cookware. Pasta pots make it stress-free for you to make your favorite pasta. The pasta pots are made from heavy-duty materials making them suitable for homes as well as restaurants. Some of the brands are of innovative designs making it fun to prepare pasta. Below is the list of 10 top pasta pots.
The Best Pasta Pots of 2021 – Reviews
1. Cuisinart 77-412 Chef’s Classic
If you are looking for a professional pasta pot then you should definitely consider this one. It is made from stainless steam making it strong and durable. If you are a chef or pasta cook and tried some of the pots in the market and have been disappointed, then this pot is suitable for you. It has 12-quart interior which is spacious enough to boil or steam pasta.
The pasta pot has riveted cool-touch handles. So, it will feel cool when you touch the handles. Another noticeable feature is its encapsulated bottom that eliminate the cold and hot spots. The pot heats up fast and also distribute the heat evenly for better cooking. Its tight fitting lid make it easy to contain nutrients, spills and steam.
This pasta pot is highly versatile and therefore, a must-have cooking accessory in homes. This stockpot comes with durable strainer including warranty. However, its opaque metallic lid may not please some people. The good thing though is that the pot has sturdy construction and functional design.
- Limited lifetime warranty is offered.
- Come with free steaming basket and strainer
- Very spacious (12-quart design)
- Has riveted cool-touch handles
- Oven-safe (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Has opaque metallic lid
2. Cooks Standard Classic 4-Piece 12 Quart Pasta Pot
Preparing mouth-watering pasta shouldn’t be a challenge if you have great recipe and top grade pasta pot like this one. The pasta pot is made from heavy-duty stainless steel making it durable. Its aluminum disc bottom makes it to heat up quickly and distribute heat evenly. Its rustproof design make it an essential kitchen accessory.
Are you tired of space-cluttering and big pots for cooking pasta? Then this is the product you need because it’s spacious and clutter-free pot. In addition, it comes with many desirable features. The pot has riveted cool-touch handles for durability. Its stainless steel lid is essential for keeping moisture and heat. It includes steamer insert, 12 quart stockpot, stainless steel lid and pasta insert. The pasta pot can work on gas, cooktops, ceramic, glass, electric and many more. The pots are dishwasher and oven safe.
If you are wanting to prepare delicious pasta, then this pasta pot shouldn’t miss on your list of best pots. It cooks better because the heat is absorbed quickly and distributed uniformly. Its cool-touch handles as well as strainer are also appealing.
- Has riveted cool-touch handles
- Made from heavy duty stainless steel
- Very spacious (12 quart capacity)
- Fast heating design
- Has lids that double as strainers
- Its outlook seems outdated
- The lid usually seal tightly
3. Cook N Home 4-Piece 8 Quart Pasta
This four piece pot is very durable. It consists of insert, pasta strainer and pot which are all essential for boiling the pasta. Again, it has a very desirable functionality. If you are wanting to cook pasta hassle free, you should definitely buy this pasta pot.
Actually, there are many stylish designs you can choose from but all of them are made from stainless steel. More importantly, there are no traces of harsh chemicals like BPA. What makes this pasta pot so special is that it is capable of retaining heat much longer and it is warp-proof as well. In terms of cooking speed, you should always rely this pasta pot.
The pot is spacious (up to 8-quart) so you can comfortably prepare pasta for the whole family. You can even prepare other dishes such as vegetables using this pot. It has stainless steel inserts. In addition, the pot has ergonomic handles.
This is one of the popular brands of pasta pots in the market. If you are wanting pasta pots that don’t only cook quickly but also effectively, you should definitely buy one. It has thick encapsulate bottom that spread the heat evenly.
- No traces of harsh chemicals like phthalate and BPA
- Top grade stainless steel
- Spacious (8-quart capacity)
- Four-piece design which are versatile
- Long-lasting encapsulate bottom
- Sturdy riveted handles
- No noticeable disadvantage
4. Bialetti 07265 Oval 5 Quart Pasta Pot
This pasta pot tops the list of top pots even though it isn’t spacious (5-quarts). The pot is durable and has really amazing quality. The pot is capable of retaining its shape even after being used for a long time. In addition, it is resistant to corrosion and rust. What actually make it fun to cook pasta using it is its oval shape. Foods such as noodles can be cooked using it as well.
The pot is made from aluminum. Also, the pot features non-stick interior. This is beneficial because it will prevent the pasta sticking in the pot. The material used to make the port is free from harsh chemicals, thus, making the pot suitable for health-conscious people. What actually improves it functionality is fitting twist-lock as well as stay-cool handles.
Since it is made from fast-heating aluminum material, it is capable of boiling or cooking pasta and other foods well. If you want to prepare large pasta faster, you shouldn’t worry because most of these pots have spacious oval shapes.
- Non-stick interior
- Stay cool handles
- Has fitting twist lock lids
- Oval-shaped which is versatile
- Small (only 5 quarts capacity)
5. Red Copper Better Pasta Pot by BulbHead
Have you ever used pasta pot and then discovered that the other posts available in the market are may be complete disappointment? Red copper happens to be one of the most preferred pasta pots in the market today. This 5-quart pot is free from harmful chemicals such as PTFEs and PFOAs. In addition, it utilizes the anti-scratch technology.
This pasta pot is highly preferred by individuals as well as professional chefs because it’s a quality cookware. The material used to make the pot is durable and has non-stick surface. The pot is of 5 quarts capacity which is suitable for medium-sized family. This pot allows you to cook large pasta without affecting the quality of the pasta. Its gas heavy – duty base can retain heat for hours. It also has a stable design.
- Utilizes anti-scratch technology
- Free from PTFEs and PFOAs
- Has riveted handle design for easy grip
- Includes 5 quarts pot, recipe guide and tempered glass lid
- Locking handles for easy draining
- Less spacious (5 quart capacity)
6. Gotham Steel Pasta Pot with Patented Built
If you are tired of cooking pasta using low-grade pots then it is the right time to try out this pot. If you are wanting to prepare pasta as well as other foods then you should definitely opt for this versatile design. The pot is made from super strong titanium making it durable.
The pasta pot has twist and lock handles that keep the lid in secure place. Even if you place the pot upside down or flip it over, the contents won’t fall off. In addition, it has tempered glass draining lid having built in draining holes. So, you can spill out steam or hot water without pasta falling off. Better yet, the tempered glass lid won’t crack in case you drop the pot accidentally.
The inside of the Gotham steel pot is made of naturally occurring elements. That means that there are no traces of toxic chemicals. Since the pot is long lasting and naturally non-stick, you will definitely enjoy preparing your quality pasta.
- Has twist and lock handles that are always cool to touch.
- The pots are available in two sizes (4 and 5 quart capacity)
- Has draining holes that allow hot water or steam to escape but not pasta.
- Less spacious (4 to 5 quarts capacity)
- Not suitable for preparing very large pasta.
7. Excelsteel 12 Quart 18/10 Stainless Steel 4 Piece
If you are looking for a versatile pot to use in your home or restaurant to cook pasta, you should definitely go for this one. It is better than the pots made from aluminum because it is capable of retaining heat for longer hours because of its 8/10 stainless steel. In addition, the pot is durable and has non-stick surface which is easy to clean.
This is one of the pocket-friendly pots in the market. Also, it is free from harmful chemicals such as phthalate, BPA including other irritants available in other low-grade pots. If you have a large family or intend to prepare very large pasta, then this is the right pasta pot for you. It has a staggering 12 quart capacity and can as well be used to cook vegetables and soup.
Its finely finished edges don’t cause injuries. Also, its thick encapsulate base distributes heat uniformly. It is important to note that this pot does not work or function with induction stovetops. However, it can work with electrical or gas induction stovetops. This pasta pot is one of the premium items you shouldn’t miss to have because it is suitable for preparing pasta including other dishes. It is durable and spacious.
- Encapsulate base for even heat distribution
- Simple to clean
- Made from 18/10 stainless steel, thus, durable
- Finely finished edges
- 4 piece set that are versatile
- Very spacious (12 quarts capacity)
- Can work with various stovetops
- Has thin walls
8. Farberware Classic Stainless Steel 8-Quart Covered Straining Stockpot
Serial pasta cooks know that this pasta pot is a must-have accessory. Whether you like traditional or contemporary recipes, this pasta pot will make it easier for you to prepare the pasta in a professional manner all the time. What makes this pasta pot special is its 8-quart design as well functional design. Thus, you can prepare pasta including other foods stress-free and safely.
The pasta pot is made from stainless steel and its general appearance is appealing to the eye. Also, it will take several years for it to develop rust. Its thick aluminum core helps in distributing heat uniformly for faster and better cooking. Also, cleaning the pot by machine or hand is simple. When using or cleaning the machine you won’t get hurt because the edges are finely finished.
- Has multifunctional design
- Has aluminum core that spread the heat evenly
- Has thickly rolled rims
- Come with lifetime warranty
- Has lid that doubles the strainer
- Its lid isn’t properly designed
9. Rachael Ray Porcelain Enamel II Nonstick 8-Quart Covered Oval Pasta Pot with Pour Spout, Red Gradient
If you’re a professional chef or cook then you have probably used enameled cookware or porcelain from Rachael Ray. The cost may be high but the quality you get is just superb. If you are wanting a durable pot to prepare your pasta without much worries, you should definitely go for this pasta pot. It is spacious and can accommodate up to 8 –quarts of pasta. It is also suitable for serving pasta because it has a very stylish design.
Its non-stick interior make cooking pasta fun. As you already know, cooking pasta in traditional pots isn’t the right thing to do because the pasta will stick and burn. Also, some of the nutrients may escape due to evaporation. This scenario is different when using this pasta pot. The best part is that the pot is completely free from harsh chemicals such BPA. In addition, the pot is chip-proof. Another added bonus is its appealing theme that can last for a long time without fading.
This pot can also be used to bake different foods. It is actually oven-safe (350 degrees). The cool touch handles are also noticeable features. Lifetime warranty is also provided. It is designed in such a way that it is completely safe to use. The handles are not only cool to touch but also sturdy. Since this pot has eye-catching design, you should definitely buy one.
- Has cool-touch handles
- Come with lifetime warranty
- Has non-stick interior
- Spacious (8 quarts capacity)
- Oven safe (350 degrees)
- Oval shaped body which is very stylish
- Has flimsy lid
10. Winware 20 Qt Aluminum Pasta Cooker, Commercial Grade
The reason why many chefs or pasta cooks want stainless steel pots is that they are very durable. Also, they are non-stick. In addition, the cooking surfaces are free from harmful chemicals such as BPA which might poison the pasta or food.
The port comes with lid and fitting strainer. Its stylish outlook make it the best for serving pasta and other foods. The pot is commercial grade and therefore costly. But that doesn’t mean you can’t find affordable ones. It is very spacious (20 quart capacity). It allows you to prepare 4 pastas simultaneously.
- Very spacious (20 quart capacity)
- Naturally non-stick
- Made from heavy duty stainless steel
- Dishwasher and hand safe
- Cook 4 pastas simultaneously
- Has hanging clip on every insets for draining
- Slow cooking
A Pasta Pot – Buyer’s Guide
So, why do you want to buy a pasta pot? Actually, this is the first question you need to ask yourself before buying one. What you need to note is that you can cook your pasta using any regular pot. The taste of the pasta will just be okay. However, if you want a safer and easier way of boiling your pasta including other foods, then you definitely need to buy pasta pot.
Pasta posts are self-draining. Most of the posts available in the market have lids for straining water out once the pasta is prepared. In addition, there are many brands having strainer basket inserts for draining out cooking water. Simply put, pasta pots allows the cook to drain stream or hot water.
Now, if you are cooking pasta using regular pot, you will be forced to tilt the lid so that the boiling water or stream pour down. That is something you really don’t want to do because you may get burnt. In addition, if the pot lid falls, the pasta you had been preparing will fall on the sink. Even though you can use colander to avoid this from happening, it can’t prevent hot water splashing. That is why you should invest in pasta pot.
The best one should have self-draining lids, in order to allow hot water or steam to flow out via the holes. This is very essential in preventing hot water from splashing. In addition, the lid should tightly fit the lid so that it doesn’t fall off while draining the boiling water. In most cases, pots having strainer inserts do not come with self-draining lids.
Pasta posts in the market usually come with non-stick coating. In addition, the sizes of these pots vary greatly. The pots are made from stainless steel but there are also some that are made from anodized aluminum. The sizes available range from two to twelve quarts. Some are of larger sizes, though.
Reasons for Buying the Pots
If you love cooking pasta and you have never used pasta pot then you’re surely missing valuable cooking experience. Pasta pots are not only safe but also healthy way of cooking pasta including other dishes. In addition, you can cook your pasta quickly than using traditional cooking methods.
- Safer Cooking – Pasta pot can accommodate very high temperatures. That means that the germs, bacteria or microorganisms that may be present are killed. The pasta pots also have safety features, for instance, riveted handles.
- Faster Cooking – The reason why pasta pots are preferred for cooking pastas is that they cook faster. Unlike the traditional pots, you only require a fraction of time to cook your pasta. This is an added bonus because you will save time, effort and more importantly, money.
- Flexible Cooking – The reason why pasta pot is great for cooking pasta is that it works with many cooking styles or recipes.
- Retain Nutrients – Some of the nutrients are lost while cooking through evaporation process. This mostly happens when cooking using traditional pots. However, no nutrients will be lost when using pasta pots. All the health nutrients in that pasta are retained.
- Easy to Clean and Use – It is very easy to cook using pasta pot. There is no such thing as boiling over, sticking, scorching and splattering of pasta. This will ensure that the pasta taste great and the cleanup is easy.
Which is the Best Pasta Pot?
A professional pasta cook will tell you that pasta pot is faster and safer compared to the traditional pots. In general, when it comes to cooking pasta, you will need the best pots so that you don’t find it hard to prepare your pasta.
As mentioned previously, any pot can be used to prepare pasta. The good thing about pasta pot is that it is made from top grade stainless steel as well as thick aluminum core. In addition, it has ready colander for draining steam or hot water and a strong lid.
Since it is made from stainless steel aluminum, the pasta pot will require less energy to cook the pasta. The sieve inserts also make it simple to drain steam or hot water. That is not all, apart from preparing homemade pasta sauces, these pots are also suitable for preparing stews, soups and other dishes.
Now that you have already known what pasta pots are and what they do, you may be wondering which one to buy. What you need to know is that the cost of these pots vary greatly. Some of the latest pasta pots in the market are expensive while others are cheap. So, it is upon you to compare the various price options available and determine which one match your budget requirements. If you are wanting to buy pasta pot for cooking or preparing pasta, there are a number of things you need to consider.
- Size – Just as mentioned previously, the pasta pots are of different sizes. It is imperative to buy a pasta pot that meets your cooking needs. There are some pasta cooks who make a mistake of buying just any pasta pot. That is why you need to make sure you are buying the correct size. For instance, if you want to cook big pasta, you should go for spacious pots.
- Material – Another mistake many pasta cooks make is buying pasta pots just because the price is right. This is something you should avoid. It is important to make sure that the pasta pot you’re spending your money on is made of stainless steel. Such pasta pot is not only tough but also aesthetic. Pasta pots made from aluminum are cheaper and usually absorb heat faster. All in all, you should buy pasta pots that meet your personal needs.
- Safety – You should never buy pasta pots that have traces of harsh chemicals. Some of the pasta pots have traces of phthalates or BPA chemicals that adversely affect the quality of pasta. Such chemicals can also result into negative impact on humans as well as pets. In addition, you should buy pasta pots having cool touch handles and sturdy design.
Conclusion – Ending Thoughts
If you are wanting to improve the way you are cooking pasta, then you should consider buying any of the best pasta pots mentioned above. Depending on your specific needs, you will surely find pasta pots of the appropriate sizes and shapes. Most of the pasta pots in the market are safe and durable. So, they are definitely a must-have cooking tools.