We all love the juicy and spicy sausages. And while it’s possible to find them in local groceries, it’s worth noting that you can make some at home as well.
But for that to happen, you need to make sure that you are working with the best sausage stuffer. Basically, this is a machine that you use to load the ingredients. This way you can enjoy making sausage links at home either using a charcoal oven or your favorite grill.
Top Picks Best Sausage Stuffer: A Quick Comparison List
Before we delve deeper into this review, let us provide you with a quick comparison list. This is a brief list meant to walk you through some of the available options.
1. LEM 606 Vertical Sausage Stuffer 5 Pound Stainless Steel
You can use this sausage stuffer to either prepare small-sized or large-sized sausage for your home. Indeed, the stuffer provides you with 3 different tube sizes namely 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch, and 1-inch tubes. So, you only need to choose the right tube size depending on the sausage size you wish to make.
Moving on, the LEM 606 has a stainless steel base complete with metal gears. As such, it is quite sturdy. It also comes with a removable cylinder as such is easy to clean and fill up.
The icing on the cake is that the unit’s cylinder has a 5-pound capacity. As such, it’s just perfectly sized for household use (though we think it might be too tiny for large scale use).
- Three tubes of different sizes
- The cylinder is removable which makes filling and cleaning it easy
- It is equipped with an air-release valve to release hot air
- Stainless steel meat gears that are durable
- It has a stainless steel base and metal gears for durability
- One-speed design
2. LEM 1112 Big Bite Dual Gear Vertical Sausage Stuffer
If you are looking for a sausage stuffer with a large capacity, then you can consider buying this 10-pound device.
It boasts of several key features, first and foremost, this stuffer has stainless steel tubes and stainless steel bars, and all metal gears which are sturdy for durability. In addition, it has two speeds, the high speed is for filling the cylinder while the low speed is for stuffing casings which makes the job convenient.
The stuffer has four stainless steel stuffing tubes of the following sizes, 1 1/2″, 1″, 5/8″, and 3/4″. The different tube sizes give you a choice on what sausage size to make.
What’s more, it is easy to take it apart and clean it.
- Warranty provided
- It has a durable stainless steel construction
- The metal gears are durable
- It has two speeds
- It has four tubes of different sizes
- It is easy to clean
- Not really a con but its size is for commercial stuffing
3. Super Deal Vertical Sausage Stuffer Filler 3L 7LB Dual Speed Meat Maker
Homemade food requires a good recipe and a nice kitchen tool and you are good to go. The Super Deal Vertical Sausage Stuffer is vertical which saves countertop space In addition, it is designed in such a way that both left and right-handed users can operate it effectively.
All the parts of the sausage stuffer are constructed from stainless steel apart from the shaft and gears that are chrome plated.
The cylinder has four stuffing tubes which give you flexibility in terms of what sausage size to make. Additionally, the device has two speeds a slow and a fast speed setting which allows for a quick release and makes refilling easy.
Besides, it is designed with four rubber feet for stability on bases. It is 7lb which is a medium size.
More so, it has an air release valve which eliminates air pockets in casings. The other good thing is that the gadget is cheaper than others in the market.
- It is durably constructed
- Four tubes which provide four different sausage sizes
- Air release valve for removing air pockets
- Two speeds
- More affordable than other brands
- The size is substantial for home and commercial uses
- It is designed for use by both left and right-hand users
- Spare parts are hard to find
Also Read: 10 Best Popcorn Kernels- A Buyer’s Guide
4. Hakka Brothers 7 Lb Vertical Sausage Stuffer Stainless Steel 2 Speed 3 L
Sausage stuffers are handy and can make a great addition to your kitchen arsenal. The Hakka Brothers 7 Lb Vertical Sausage Stuffer features a 7lb device, making this a medium sized sausage stuffer.
Most of its body parts are constructed from stainless steel, therefore, they are rustproof and durable, namely the base plate, stuffing tubes, cylinder, and canister. Because of its stainless steel body, it is light and easy to move around.
The piston has an air release valve to keep the machine cool. In addition, it has two-speed settings for your convenience. Besides that, the parts of the device that come directly into contact with sausages conform to SGS food hygiene standard.
Moreover, it has four different diameters, which gives you the flexibility to prepare sausages of different sizes. It is also designed in such a way that it is easy to take it apart and clean it after finishing the stuffing.
- It is light in weight and portable
- Most of its body parts are stainless steel and therefore durable
- Easy to clean
- Parts that come into contact with meat are SGS food hygiene approved
- Four different diameters
- Because of its lightweight it is less stable than stuffers that are 100% metal
5. Vivo Vertical Sausage Stuffer Stufr-V003 Stainless Steel 3L/7LB
There is nothing comparable to making your own sausages. The Vivo Vertical Sausage Stuffer Stufr-V003 has a metal construction for most of its parts namely the gears, piston, base and crank which means that it is sturdy and durable. Additionally, the spout and cylinder are made from stainless steel which is also durable.
With a 7lb capacity, it is a medium sized sausage stuffer. The air release valve releases any trapped air, as such the stuffer is kept from overheating. Besides that, the cylinder is designed to tilt back for convenient filling.
The construction of the device meets the SGS food safety standards, it is certified by LFGB and it is RoHS compliant
Furthermore, it is easily disassembled making it easy to clean to maintain high standards of hygiene.
Just as importantly, the handle has a plastic covering that is comfortable to grip and work with.
More so, it comes with four nozzles for preparing different sizes of sausages to fit the occasion.
- Almost all parts are metallic for durability
- It comes with a one year warranty
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Metal gears
- Air release valve
- Plastic nozzles
6. STX International STX-3000-MF Meat Grinder Sausage Stuffer
It is much cheaper to process your own meat and all you need is a good meat grinder. This device draws a lot of attention because it is both a meat grinder and a stuffer.
It has a 3000 watts motor which is powerful to deliver the required power. The machine is installed with a circuit breaker to protect the machine from strong electric currents during a power surge prolonging its life. Furthermore, it has a cooling system which extends the life of the machine.
The sausage stuffer is a high-performer and durable. It has three tubes to vary the size of the sausages
The meat grinder is designed to grind meat fast and it is equipped with three grinding speeds. The meat grinder comes with three cutting blades and three grinding plates.
The three blades are crafted from stainless steel and are sturdy and durable. Because they are strong they can handle big chunks of meat.
On the other hand, the grinding plates are constructed from tempered steel and are rustproof. The plates allow you to choose what size of meat grinds you want. If you want a better grind, you can grind the meat twice using different plates. The plates are self-sharpening for your convenience.
- One year warranty
- It is a two in one unit, for both meat grinding and meat stuffing
- The grinding units are rustproof
- It is a heavy duty grinder that can grind large portions of meat quickly
- Three plates for different sizes of meats
- It features three grinding speeds
- Cooling system
7. Weston Manual Vertical Sausage Stuffer, 7-Pound Capacity
A sausage stuffer gives you control over what ingredients to add to your sausages. And if you are a hunter, you can make sausages using game meat.
This sausage stuffer has a 7-pound capacity which is medium size and therefore it can handle large scale and medium scale sausage stuffing.
In addition to that, the stainless steel frame is coated for an elegant and smooth design. The base has rubber feet for stabilizing the stuffer when it is in use.
Above that, it has a pressure valve which allows you to control the flow of meat. It also has an air valve which cools down the machine. Just as importantly, it is easy to disassemble the machine to clean it up.
Moreover, it is designed with two-speed settings for controlling the filling rate. Besides, it has four stainless steel nozzles which give you a choice on what sausage sizes you want.
The filling canister is tiltable for filling it and it can also be removed for cleaning. However, it is a bit harder to take apart the parts of this machine and clean them than other brands.
- It is elegant and a nice addition to one’s kitchen tools
- Steel housing and stainless steel canister
- Air release valve
- Four nozzles for four different sausage sizes
- It has two-speed settings
- Steel gears
- It is not as easy to disassemble as other brands in the market
8. Buffalo Tools-Sportsman Vertical Sausage Stuffer MHVSS 11-Pound
This sausage maker will inspire you to love stuffing your own sausages. The Buffalo Tools-Sportsman Vertical Sausage Stuffer sausage stuffer size is an 11-pound size which is pretty large. On the flipside, it may not be ideal for making small batches of sausages.
The good thing is that although its capacity is big, it is light in weight and portable. Its portability means that you can use it conveniently on a camping adventure. Additionally, it has a vertical design because it is huge, the vertical design saves space on countertops.
The sausage stuffer features a two design gear system for efficiency. The gears are steel and therefore sturdy. Most importantly, most of its parts are constructed from stainless steel for durability.
It has three stuffing funnels of different sizes allowing you to make different sausage sizes.
It is also easy to use the stuffer, however, it is a bit unclear on how to disassemble it and clean all the parts effectively.
- It is durably constructed
- It has a large capacity at 11 pounds
- It has three nozzles for making different sizes of sausages.
- It is light in weight
- It requires large scale production of sausages
- It is a bit expensive
- Not clear on how to disassemble and clean it
9. Super Deal Heavy Duty T61 Vertical Sausage Stuffer 5L
If you are making sausages for commercial purposes, then you need uniform results in each piece. The Super Deal Heavy Duty T61 Vertical Sausage Stuffer is a commercial sausage stuffer with a capacity of 11 LB capacity.
The stuffer has an all-metal stainless steel construction which means that it is sturdy and durable. It features a tiltable cylinder making filling it easy. Besides, it has two speeds for your convenience.
The base is designed to be stable when it is placed on surfaces to prevent movements when working. It has four different sizes of tubes of the following sizes, 2/3 inch, 3/4 inch, 1-1/4 inches, and 1-1/2 inches. The four different tubes provide the flexibility to prepare sausages of four different sizes. What’s more, it is very affordable considering its big capacity.
Worth noting that disassembling to clean it is not so direct like other stuffers in the market.
- It is competitively priced
- With 11lb it is a huge sausage stuffer
- It is designed with two speeds
- It is durably constructed with metal parts
- It has four tubes which provide four different sausage sizes
- It is not ideal for making small batches of sausages
10. Hakka Brothers 2 in 1 SV-3-4 Vertical Sausage Stuffer
This stuffer draws attention because it has two filling rates that can be used for making sausages and for making Spanish churros. The machine has a two-speed gearbox that is sturdy for durability.
It is designed with five nozzles for making five different sizes of sausages. This is unlike most brands in the market that have only three or four tubes.
In addition, the gadget has an ergonomic design for its easy operation.
The stuffer also features piston air valves for cooling the machine.
It is hygienically manufactured with all parts that get in contact with food made according to SGS food hygiene standards.
However, because it has two functions it takes some time to understand how to operate it.
- It has two filling rates, making it a two in one machine, for sausages and Spanish churros making
- It has metal and not plastic tubes
- The body is durably constructed
- Piston air valves to protect the machine from overheating
- Two-speed options
- It has five tubes for making different sizes of sausages
- It takes a little bit of time to understand how to operate the two filling rates
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Sausage Stuffer
Like any other kitchen item, buying sausage stuffers is always tricky. So, in the following few lines, we’d like to talk about the key pointers to keep in mind to make an informed choice.
Are you buying the stuffer for home or commercial use? If you’re buying one for home use, a 5 to 7-pound capacity should suffice. Of course, a larger capacity would do if you’re planning to go fully commercial.
You should never take chances when buying any kitchen appliance. More often than not, companies that provide warranty coverage for their products are confident about the quality they have to offer. A warranty period of 1 year and above should suffice.
The decision on the cylinder should boil down to the stuffer capacity you are looking for. A cylinder with a wide opening saves a lot of time during stuffing and cleaning. Also, the larger the cylinder capacity, the more of the stuffing that can be done in any given moment.
Which One Is The Best?
We have a winner and that is none other than the LEM 606 Vertical Sausage Stuffer. It’s awesome for making different sausage sizes and has just enough capacity for home use.
Each one of the top sausage stuffers reviewed has its fair share of unique features. So, you may need to particularly think about the exact features that you need so you can make an informed decision. We hope that the tips and guidelines provided above will come in handy in helping you make an informed verdict.